Short Courses at QUT Online
These units are designed for busy professionals who need to upskill in a particular area. Each unit or micro unit carries credit points from QUT, which means if you want to apply to extend your short course into a fully accredited postgraduate program – from Graduate Certificate to Masters – you can. Because each unit is delivered at a postgraduate level, you should consider the below success factors before enrolling.
- Be at least 18 years of age. Case studies assume a level of life experience and maturity; commencing postgraduate studies too early may be a disadvantage.
- Have at least 10–12 hours per week to commit to your studies throughout the teaching period. Study takes focus, and time. We recommend allocating yourself study blocks of at least 2 hours per block, to ensure you can immerse yourself in the content.
- Have completed your past studies in English. If you are an international student, your English language level should be at least IELTS 6.5, or equivalent.
- Be able to research widely, utilising library databases.
- Be able to follow academic referencing / formatting styles, such as APA or Harvard.
- Be able to demonstrate critical thinking in academic writing through essays and reports.